Code of conduct for Parents/Carers, Adult Members, Volunteers and Other Supporters
As a parent/carer of a member of the CRCC, you are expected to abide by the following
• Inform the coach of any specific health requirements or medical conditions of your child in advance of the coaching session by completion of a club membership form or a parental consent form.
• Inform the coach if your child has to leave early or is being collected by someone other than a parent/carer, giving details of the arrangement including who will be collecting my child, when and at what time.
• Encourage your child to learn the rules and play within them.
• Discourage unfair play and arguing with officials.
• Help your child to recognise good performance, not just results.
• Set a good example by recognising fair play and applauding the good performances of all.
• Never punish or abuse a child for losing or making mistakes.
• Publicly accept officials’ judgments and teach children to do likewise.
• Support your child’s involvement and help them to enjoy their sport.
• Use correct and proper language at all times. You can’t expect your child to behave correctly if you don’t yourself.
• Remember that children participate in sport for their enjoyment, not yours.
• Support all efforts to remove verbal and physical abuse from sporting activities.
• Respect the rights, dignity and worth of every young person regardless of their gender, ability, disability, cultural background or religion.
• Show appreciation and respect for coaches, officials and administrators, without them, your child could not participate in their sport.